If you work on Automotive applications like External Aerodynamics, Underhood, Climate Control (HVAC) simulations or Non-Automotive applications like Wind turbines, Tank sloshing( Multi-phase VOF), Industrial ventilations etc then this training will help you to explore OpenFOAM. Even if you are not into these applications, we can still work on a personalized training on your topics. OpenFOAM today is 2nd most widely used CFD package in the world, is completely free and highly customizable due to availability of source code.
This training will be delivered by ESI's CFD services team with over 20 years of experience. They will also share their experience which is unmatched with any other training that is being offered around.
CFD Engineers / Managers / Analysts
This course focuses on applying OpenFOAM to solve CFD problems for your applications. This training doesn’t teach any programming or source code modifications.
Prior experience with a CFD is recommended but not required.
- Introduction and Basics about file structure of OpenFOAM
- SnappyHex and Solvers Theory and Basic Introduction
- Basic BCs and post-proc with one simple foam example
- Hands on examples on incompressible solvers (both steady and transient, mesh import)
- Advanced Meshing with SnappyHex
- SnappyHex Hands on Example with simpleFOAM
- Advanced BCs (FAN, Porous, MRF, AMI etc)
- Hands on examples applying above BCs
- Introduction to some advanced topics
- Demo of Visual-CFD : Smarter Environment for OpenFOAM