If you work on Automotive applications like External Aerodynamics, Underhood, Climate Control (HVAC) simulations or Non-Automotive applications like Wind turbines, Tank sloshing( Multi-phase VOF), Industrial ventilations etc then this training will help you to explore OpenFOAM. Even if you are not into these applications, we can still work on a personalized training on your topics. OpenFOAM today is 2nd most widely used CFD package in the world, is completely free and highly customizable due to availability of source code.
This training will be delivered by ESI's CFD services team with over 20 years of experience. They will also share their experience which is unmatched with any other training that is being offered around.
CFD Engineers / Managers / Analysts
This course focuses on applying OpenFOAM to solve CFD problems for your applications. This training doesn’t teach any programming or source code modifications.
Prior experience with a CFD is recommended but not required.
- Introduction to basic Linux commands
- Brief introduction of OpenFOAM and Basics about file structure
- Hands on one simple incompressible model covering
simulation (simpleFoam) and
Understanding of OpenFOAM deck for
- Mesh: Effect of important parameter changes on the mesh and subsequently on results, such as with or without Boundary Layer
- Case set up: Effect of boundary condition changes such as Velocity Inlet to Pressure Inlet or normal wall to slip wall
- Other Utilities: Items such as Field Initialization, Solution Monitoring, Solver Controls, Mesh Manipulation (Scaling, Import, Export), Mapping Fields, Running in Parallel
(Hands-on will be done only for some of the above topics)
Understanding of OpenFOAM deck for Compressible and non-isothermal cases covering
- Meshing: Multi-domain Meshing, Interior Zones Definitions for Boundary Conditions such as Fan and/or for monitoring
- Case set up: Porous media, Fan/MRF, Heat Source
- Visual-CFD Tutorial
- Visual-CFD Tutorials hands on