Interior Solution 2020.5
ESI Interior Solution is the new solution dedicated to the virtual prototyping of seats and interior. It includes all the functionalities from Virtual Seat Solution. Interior Solution is dedicated to seat virtual prototyping extended with new functionalities for interior and cabin virtual prototyping.
It empowers OEMs, seat and cabin suppliers to design, manufacture, test, improve and pre-certify their interior prototypes, fully and virtually, without the need for costly physical prototypes.
This version is based on the following platforms versions:
- Visual-Environment 16.5
- CSM Solver 20.5
Highlights of this release
Seat and Cabin Thermal Comfort
- It is now possible to perform a CFD simulation of the cabin HVAC system with any 3rd party code and use this simulation as boundary condition for the thermal simulation of seat and occupant.•
- This is made possible by the reading and import of the ENSIGHT format by the solver.
- It is now possible to impose a user-defined posture for a human model in a seat and check the corresponding pressure map.
- Then, the human model is released from this imposed posture, which is not forcefully an equilibrium between the weight of the occupant and the deformation of the seat.
- An equilibrium is therefore computed and the difference between natural and imposed posture is shown.
- The EuroNCAP process has been updated to include the version 4.1 of the protocol published in 2020.
- A process has been implemented to simulate FMVSS 207/210 (resistance of seat belt anchorages).
Visual-Environment 16.5.4 patch : this Update is for Visual-Crash PAM, Visual-Seat, Visual DSS and Visual-Viewer. For Virtual Seat Solution:
- ENSIGHT to CATGEN convertor. Export of HTC and Ambient Temperature variables from ENSIGHT to CATGEN files were not in the expected format for CSM solver. This is fixed now.
- Thermal Comfort: On windows platforms, some thermal simulations involving human models were ending with an unexpected ERROR termination for some selected languages. This problem was detected in particular on Japanese systems. It was due to the fact that during the execution some python commands related to human thermal model were not supporting correctly some spaces in the path of some executable. The incriminated python command is replaced in this version with a new one managing correctly spaces in executable path.
Since python source code of the HMx driver has been modified, the linux patch is also available for consistency purpose.
- In Human on Seat process, when using CFD Mapping , the EXPORT cards created and the PYVAR update for the HMx Driver initialization were not in the expected format for CSM solver. This is fixed now
Please read the Visual-Environment 16.5 Release Notes for more information.
See also the Visual-Environment 16.5.4 Release Notes for more information.