Virtual Seat Solution 2021.0
ESI Virtual Seat Solution is a solution dedicated to the virtual prototyping of seats. It empowers OEMs and seat suppliers to design, manufacture, test, improve and pre-certify their seat prototypes, fully and virtually, without the need for costly physical prototypes.
This version is based on the following platforms versions:
- Visual-Environment 17.0
- CSM Solver 42.0
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS RELEASE
- Foam Positioning: Upon customer request, a new method has been added where the frame (and suspensions) can be scaled down and moved initially to retrieve progressively their size and position during simulation, when the contact with foam is active.
- User guidance for sewing simulation through dedicated workflow: Sewing setup has been enhanced with a workflow gathering all tools and functionalities and proposing them in the right sequential order to provide some user guidance.
- Indentations improvements: Two small improvements have been brought to the dialogs managing the indentations. The first one enables to translate/rotate by increment the indentation grid. The second improvement enables to specify that the indentations should be in the direction of the cover normal at the indentation point.
- STAN Thermal Dummy Integration: STAN is a thermal dummy to test thermal comfort and moisture management characteristics of automobile, truck, and airplane seating. This device is commercialized by Thermetrics® and some relevant information can be found here: https://thermetrics.com/products/manikin/stan/. In collaboration with Thermetrics, ESI developed a numerical model of the STAN dummy for the prediction of its thermal behavior. No humidity is managed in this version of the model. A process for the setup of the seating and the thermal simulations of the STAN dummy have been added in this version.
- Reintegration of all Visual-Interior functionalities into Visual-Seat.
Please read the Visual-Environment 17.0 Release Notes for more information.