PAM-DISTORTION – Basic Training
Basic FEA knowledge and basic composites material knowledge
This training is meant for engineers responsible for designing manufacturing processes such as RTM/infusion for composite parts. This training relies on PowerPoint presentation and practical use cases executed on workstation. This training will allow the trainee to confidently create simulation models.
Day 1 – Physics and GUI Description
- Introduction on physics, modeling, material requirements for the curing simulation
- Workflow and GUI description.
- Curing simulation on basic part geometry
- From CAD (1) to simulation: Modeling, laminate creation, element orientation and boundary conditions
(1) This training course includes initiation to Visual-Mesh regarding the specific meshing needs of the treated models. However, it does not include a complete Visual-Mesh training that can be ordered separately.
Day 2 – Isothermal Analysis
- Virtual testing for Lamina and laminate material characterization
- Distortion simulation on L-Shape geometry
- Single stage simulation: Free distortion during curing
- Multi-stage simulation: Distortion during and after curing (without mold)
- Curing simulation on L-Shape geometry with mold: Thermal interaction with mold
- Distortion simulation on L-Shape geometry with mold: Mechanical interaction with mold
Day 3 – Draping effect, Non-Isothermal and Fluid-Mechanic analysis
- Gravity effect
- Post-cured cycles
- Trimming stage
- Co-cured or assembled with adhesive